Ping-pong or ping-ping?

How is it like when your friend starts giving more importance to opposite-sex friends more? India has been orthodox since ages in terms of communication between the boy and girl. When a guy and girl are talking, the weird Aunties usually throw their weird looks on them.  Though New Delhi is sort of far more advance in these things. Or maybe not! Because such type of broad mentality had emerged recently.  The youth is still going through a way to explore their relationships with opposite sex. It is important for them to know the other livings on the earth excluding them. But what if this exploration costs your close friendship?

For instance I had a very close friend Samaira during my high-school. We both were separated after we chose different colleges and course. We shared good bonding till the first semester, and then suddenly she found more interest in her college friends (p.s. her college was co-ed). I thought distance could be one major problem. But I realized that she is still meeting the male friends of our high-school but not me and none of my other female friends. That’s the problem that most of us do. We get close to the opposite sex people frequently while completely forgetting our close friends who were with us since many years.  Generally such incidence happens because the opposite-sex can provide us with larger benefits which the same sex people can’t. One of the major aspects that I have recognized with lots of my female friends is that while uploading pictures with their male friends they are trying to show other males, that they are not exclusively available and they are living a cool life where there is abundant supply of males. My one male friend used to hang out with the hottest girl because he wanted to make his ex jealous! And when I asked why you would do so.  The response used to be that “I really don’t care about my ex- girlfriend; all I want is that she must know that I am not dying for her since I have wider choice!”

The conclusion that I would recommend is going away from your same sex friends is a bad option.  There are some matters of concern, where a male can understand a male and female a female. And if you want to be a great friend you should be open to both. And you must know how to handle both of them equally. Your every friend should understand their importance in your life.


Comments

  1. So the saying it's true" You had one best friend who has become a stranger now !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely... we all have that one friend, who was the closest person to us once, but now it's just the memories that is left and nothing else..!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doing Boyfriend Deism?

It's ex-a:m...!!

Looks do matter!