The Sufferance


“I had to count on birds, because stars were too arrogant to listen”.
Now that my exams are over, I just thought to discuss on things that is becoming so bazaar in our life that we tend to forget their wrongness. These events are happening in front of us, yet we are compelled to fall in the trap of its atrocity. Society- a seven letter little word but contains every ideology in it. Why it is like everything in this world is a compound of the society? For instance take God- a human made hope, Culture- a belief made by humans on arts and customs, Religion- a particular system of faith and believe, Money- made to fulfill human’s avarice and undoubtedly you can give innumerable examples more than me. Focusing on the term society, I believe it as some chemical solution where society when reacts with a human gives “sufferance” as product entity.

No I am not chemistry student but my body and brain is definitely going through some serious chemical reactions. Seeing the raising standard of Bollywood this year from Bag milkha Bhag to Sarabhjeet, I just realized how much tolerance had these people gone through. And it is these movies that have made the protagonist’s sufferance into proud moments. Had not these movies come out, their struggle would have been useless. I mean how many of us see the “shaheeds”  on Republic day and feel proud for them. Yes! Neerja Bhanot died for a cause, but the massive mercy killing happening regularly on the basis of religion, caste, genders, class is so obtrusive and obscure that it is becoming impossible for everyone to breathe in it.

I would like to take from Adolf Hitler’s “Mein Kampf”, when he talks about his class-struggle in Vienna, Germany, “In the case of such a person the hard struggle through which he passes often destroys his normal human sympathy. His own fight for existence kills his sensibility for the misery of those who have been left behind”. [pg33] Who creates class distinction? Of course we! And it’s so absurd that we have class difference on the basis material possessions and our ability to fulfill the materialistic desires. Reading various feminists like Virginia Woolf’s “Mrs. Dalloway”, Mary Wollstonecraft’s essay of “Vindication”, Sylvia Plath’s amazing poem “Daddy”, Charlotte Bronte’s “Jane Eyre” I realized there has been the worst kind of sufferance in woman and to which only plausible solution was a suicide.


Sufferance- what exactly does it mean. I cannot explain this term neither in one essay nor in one novel. I believe we all suffer, but some reigns over it (like Hitler), while other chooses to suicide. These are the only two cures for this problem which is plunging a lot of people fall into the depth of depression. Well there are more solution, probably to “just let the things be” or “determine to change it”. I choose to fight. . . 

Comments

  1. I liked the quote you mentioned in the beginning. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hie Rumit thanks for commenting! You can read some more of them on my instagram page essence_of_words_ :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Doing Boyfriend Deism?

It's ex-a:m...!!

Looks do matter!